Welcome

Welcome.

Become part of the circle sharing inspiration for spinning and other fibre crafting. It is a warm and reassuring place, sort of like a favourite chair near a cosy fireside, where beginners and experts come and go as they please. It's a place to share what we know, learn from each other and display what we've created -- while supporting and inspiring each other on the wonderful journey associated with handspinning and wool-related crafts.

Wednesday 3 August 2011

August Woolly Wednesday - Kelly

This month I have been concentrating on spinning white Shetland fleece.  I want to finish off the white Shetland I have before moving on to something else.  I haven't done much else spinning related recently as the weather has been so good and I have been busy loving Summer!

So same post as I posted on my other blog about Scottish wool recently which I have copied over here since that is what I am still spinning up.  Three bobbins done so far and I estimate just one left to go.
 Sheep breeds originating from Scotland!  I have been spinning up some beautiful white Shetland wool.  Shetland is one of my very favourites offering such a diverse natural colour range and being a fine wool. 
And I have washed a lovely light grey North Ronaldsay shearling fleece. North Ronaldsays are a primitive breed and are on the rare breed survival list.  They originate from the Orkney Islands off the  north coast of Scotland and eat seaweed!
In September I hope to share with you more on my adventures with spinning cotton on the charka.